April 10, 2012

DAY 100, LUKE 23 AND 24

Good Morning! Our names are Nikki and Haley Butcher and we were asked to bring a devotional thought from Luke 23 and 24.

KEY VERSE: Luke 24:46-47  And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day; And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

REFLECTIONS: Can any of you think of a friend or family member who does not know Jesus?  I sure can!  I can think of so many people all around me who don’t have Jesus in their heart.  That makes me very sad to think about those I love who may die without asking Jesus into their life.  Well, the good news is, I can share the WONDERFUL news of Jesus dying on the cross for my sins with whoever I want!  The Bible tells us over and over again to preach the gospel to everyone.  You don’t have to be a “preacher” to tell someone about Jesus.  You don’t even have to be a grown up to tell people about Jesus.  YOU can tell someone about Jesus right now, EVEN as a child!!!  So kids, don’t be afraid to tell your friends and family about what Jesus did on the cross.  YOU might be the only person who will tell that friend or family member about Him. Be brave! Jesus is on your side!  

APPLICATION:

(Nikki)  When I was about 10 years old I told my grandpa about Jesus.  He was a very sick man and very close to dying.  One night I went to his house and asked him if he knew he was going to Heaven.  He told me that he didn’t think anybody could know that!!  Well, I shared with him what the Bible said and that night he got SAVED!!!!!  That was one of the most exciting things that has ever happened to me!!  Children can make a difference!  God wants to use you!!  Be brave and tell somebody about JESUS!!  Now I get to see my grandpa someday in Heaven!!!  How exciting that is to me!!!

(Haley)  I think it’s important to tell people about Jesus, because if they don’t know Him they’re going to go to Hell.   And we don’t want anybody to go to hell, we want people to go to Heaven. I like bringing in tracts to stores and handing them out and hoping they get saved.  Tell others about Jesus!

QUESTIONS:

Should we tell people about Jesus?

Can even a child tell someone about Jesus?

Can you think of someone to tell about Jesus?

Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge. Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ, Nikki and Haley

Name:  Nikki Butcher

Favorite  Bible Character: David

Family:  Husband -- Jason, Kids – Madison, Haley, Cade

Occupation:  Stay at Home Mom

Favorite Bible Chapter:  Psalm 27

Saved:  About 9 years old

Area of Children’s ministry at VBC:  Sunday School Teacher, Nursery, Ladies Ministries


CHILDHOOD FAVORITES:

HALEY                         NIKKI

TOY:               Barbies                         Roller Skates

COLOR:          Green                           Pink

FOOD:            Junk                              Oreos

GAME:            WII                              Nintendo

TEACHER:      Mrs. Lariviere            Mrs. Price