April 5, 2012

DAY 95, Mark 14-15

Good Morning!  Our names are Jason and Emily and Kaylee Reeder, and we were asked to give you a devotional thought from the book of Mark, chapters 14 and 15.
Key verse:

Mark 14:31  “But he spake the more vehemently, if I should die with thee I will not deny thee in any wise.  Likewise also said they all.”

Key Passage:

Mark 14:27-31

Reflection:

This is a great reminder that we all make mistakes.  We may want to do right, and even plan on it, too.  But sometimes we don’t do what we know we are supposed to.  Peter was one of Jesus’ disciples and was with Jesus and saw all the miracles that Jesus did.  Even he had times when he didn’t do what he knew he should.  I’m sure we all know the story of how Peter denied Christ and afterward he remembered what the Lord had said.  Mark 14:72 says Peter wept bitterly when he remembered the words of the Lord.  I believe Peter was truly sorry for what he had done in denying the Lord.   I’m glad that’s not the end of the story with Peter.  Acts 2 tells of God using Peter to preach and 3000 people got saved!  Surely this was a different Peter, right?  How could God use someone that had denied Jesus?  It’s called forgiveness.  I John1:9 says if we confess our sin he is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  Yes, Peter got things right with God and was later used by God in a mighty way to tell others about Jesus.

Kaylee:

The key verse is Mark 14:31.  In this verse Peter said, “I would never deny you Lord.”  I picked this verse because sometimes kids say they will or will not do something and they do or do not.  Once I promised Dad I would be good for Mom and I wasn’t.  Mom called Dad, and the next day I was punished because I didn’t keep my promise.  On March 22nd, I told Josh I would do a puppet show with him and I didn’t.  Emily told Mom our room was clean and it wasn’t.

Emily:

As soon as I read this passage, I knew this was the verse to write.  In this passage Jesus is talking to Peter, telling him that he will deny Him that night.  Peter says I won’t deny you, but later he does.  Kids often say they are going to do something and then they don’t.  For example, I told my Dad I would fold the laundry but then I didn’t do it.  Afterwards I felt kind of guilty.  So let’s all pray to God and ask Him to help us choose our words carefully and to do what we say we will do.  Have a good day.

Application:

I am so glad that when we mess up and make mistakes as Christians, that’s not the end of our story.  When we make mistakes we should be quick to bring our mistakes to God, and ask forgiveness.  He promises to forgive us and He can still use us to tell others about Jesus.

Thank you for being part of the 100-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ,

Jason and Emily and Kaylee

Review questions:

1.     After we are saved, will we always do everything right?

2.     When we mess up what should we do?

3.     Will God forgive us when we ask Him to?

4.     What’s one thing we can do every day to help keep us from sin?

Favorites:


Kaylee
Emily
Jason
Toy
CD player
Bicycle
M.A.S.K. figures
Color
Green
Purple
Blue
Cartoon
Popeye
Popeye
GI Joe
Food
Ice cream
Homemade bread
Shrimp fried rice
Game
Sorry
Life, Scrabble, Connect4
Too many to list
Teacher
Mom
Miss Dabbelt
Dr. McCoy