April 2, 2012

DAY 92, MATTHEW 22-23

Good Morning!  My name is Aaron Clark and I was asked to give you a devotional thought from Matthew 22-23.

KEY VERSES:  22:36-37

36Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

REFLECTIONS:

In this chapter an important question is asked of Jesus.  A man asked, what is the greatest commandment in the law?  Jesus then responded to him that is was to love God with all thy heart, soul, and mind.  What we can learn from Christ’s response is that God wants us to love Him with every part of our life.

APPLICATION:

When I was 11 years old I was responsible for several chores around the house.  Although I was doing what I was supposed to one evening by setting the table for dinner, my dad noticed that I did not have a good attitude.  When he asked me what was going on I simply replied, “Nothing; just doing what I have to do.”  My dad then told me that it was good that I was doing what I was supposed to, but that God is just as interested in our attitude as He is in our actions.  I was learning that God is not pleased by our outward actions if our hearts are not right.  He wants us to love Him, and then because of that, act in the way we should. 

Let’s remember to love the Lord with all our hearts and then act in the way we should by obeying our parents, not only on the outside, but with our attitudes as well.

Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ,

Aaron Clark

NAME:  Aaron M. Clark

WHEN YOU GOT SAVED:  October 1986

FAVORITE BOOK IN BIBLE:  Proverbs

FAVORITE BIBLE CHARACTER:  Peter

FAMILY:  Wife Julie Clark

HOBBIES:  Carpentry, Riding Snowmobiles, Guns, Being With the People of VBC!

AREA OF MINISTRY AT YOUR CHURCH:  Music Leader; Youth Leader; Greeter Team Leader; Mission Committee Member; Food-Tasting Team Leader