February 5, 2012

DAY 37, PHILIPPIANS 3-4, COLOSSIANS 1

Good Morning! My name is Patti Snider and I was asked to give you a devotional thought from the book of Philippians 3-4 and Colossians 1.

KEY VERSES:

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

REFLECTIONS:

These chapters have so many good verses for us to learn from. These two are my favorite.

Verse 6 – Paul says that prayer with thanksgiving brings that peace that passes all human understanding.  This peace is independent of outward circumstances, springing from the love of God for His people, who know that He will answer their prayers according to His will and for their good.

Verse 13 speaks about the power of God by which we are enabled to do whatever God wants us to do.

APPLICATION:

Let’s pray every day that God will send someone our way that we can tell about Jesus and His Saving Grace.

Thank you for being a part of the 40-Day Challenge. Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ,

Patti Snider

SAVED:  February 15, 1977, Harwick ,Pennsylvania

FAVORITE BIBLE CHARACTER:  Paul

FAMILY:  Mom- Dorothy, My oldest daughter Maria and her husband Eric, My son Mark and his wife Melissa and their daughter Isabella (5), My youngest daughter Rachel and her children Sladen (8) and Eden (7)

OCCUPATION:  Passing out gospel tracts

HOBBIES:  Making pies

FAVORITE BOOK IN THE BIBLE:  Philippians