February 27, 2012

DAY 56, II Peter 1-3

Good Morning, my name is Debbie Wilbur, and I was asked to give you a devotional from II Peter 1-3.

Key Verses - II Pet. 1:14, 2:9a, 3:14

1:14 – Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me…

2:9a – The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations…

3:14 – Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Reflections:

I heard a preacher say many years ago, to pray that you finish well.  Peter finished well and is exhorting us to do the same.  He knew his time on earth was coming to an end, 1:14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle...  Peter made mistakes in his life that brought great embarrassment and remorse to him.  However, he was not a prisoner of his past, and he finished very well.  Peter is writing to Christians, and warning them of the apostasy that is coming, 2:9a The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations...  We need to stay very close to Christ.  Reading the Bible, praying, coming to church, etc. will encourage us so we don't follow false teaching, or give up and fall into sinful habits.  He also wants us to be holy, 3:14 …be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot and blameless.  We can only do that through Christ.

Application:

Since I heard that preacher many years ago, I have prayed continually that I would finish well.  I am like everyone else; I am sometimes afraid of the future, but my one great desire is that I won't cause disgrace to the name of Jesus.  I encourage you to also pray that you will finish well.

Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ,

Debbie Wilbur
Saved – September 10, 1973

Favorite Bible character – Esther

Family – 3 children and 6 grandchildren

Occupation – Southwest Airlines

Hobbies – Sewing, needlework, reading,

Area of ministry at church – Glory Girls

Favorite book in the Bible – Proverbs