February 14, 2012

Day 43, II Timothy 1-2

Good Morning! My name is Dan Koepke and I was asked to give you a devotional thought from the book of 2 Timothy 1-2.

KEY VERSE: 2 Timothy 2: 11-13
11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he will also deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

REFLECTIONS: As I opened our Bible to read these verses and search for a passage to write about, I found that my wife had underlined verse 15 of chapter 2. Of course, looking for a sign from God (shortcut) as to what I was to reflect on, I read that verse first and said to myself, Well, that has to be the verse God wants me to focus on. After all it was already underlined! But then I read both chapters and verses 11-13 of chapter 2 almost jumped off the page.
In our lives which we complicate with so many outside things we take the same approach. Okay, God, show me something awesome as quickly as possible so I can share something deep and meaningful with my friends, without much effort. When we slow down and look at the big picture, often those things that are the "deepest" are the most basic.
Verses 11-13 sum up what Jesus is all about in a few lines. For me they not only summed it up but were so direct and pointed they hit me hard. Live with Jesus and suffer on earth with him, and you will live with Him for eternity. Deny Him, He will deny you. Even if you chose to ignore Him, He will still love you. He loves you that much.
APPLICATION:
It is easy to love someone who loves you. It is even easier if they love you first. When you love them you follow them and have a relationship with them in which you share everything. This is the relationship Jesus wants to have with us, and He loved you before you were even in existence. Why would you not want that relationship in your life? He loves us so much that He never stops, even in times when we turn our back on Him. Why would anyone not want to spend eternity with Him? Tell Jesus today how much you love Him and never deny the name of Christ, which will save you for eternity.


Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge. Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!
In Christ, Dan Koepke
NAME: Dan Koepke   

SAVED: Age 15
FAVORITE BIBLE CHARACTER: Paul
FAMILY: Wife, Crystal;  Kids, Regan and Rylie

OCCUPATION: Christian Farmer
FAVORITE BOOK IN BIBLE: Colossians
MINISTRY INVOLVEMENT AT VBC: Security Team
HOBBIES: Currently working on a 48 Chevy Coupe