February 29, 2012

Day 58, I John 4-5

Good Morning! My name is Debbie Payne and I was asked to give you a devotional thought from the book of 1 John chapters 4-5.

Key Verse:

4:10-11 Herein is love, not that we loved, God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

5:14-15 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Reflections:

Wow! I didn’t feel worthy enough to write a devotion to my VBC family.  I asked God to help me and help He did.  He wanted ME to do this exact devotion because He was answering my prayers.  He wanted me to read and reread these verses over and over and over.  As I began, I seemed to be engrossed in the Word and when I finished there was a stream of tears running down my face.  I have been trying for the longest time to get over some hurts and betrayals, without much luck.  More recently, I have begun talking to God about helping me to move on.  I KNOW that it is God that has gotten me through the last five years not because I loved Him but because He loved me.  He wants all of us to have a joyful life that comes from loving each other as He loves us.   

Application:

We as Christians need to use each day to let the light of Jesus Christ shine through us for others to see the love that God has given to us and continues to give to us.  With God, all things are possible!

Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge. Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ, Debbie

Name:  Debbie Payne

Saved:  1966   Rededication: 2007

Family: Shannan, Garrett, Kyle, Tyler, Dylen, Ryley, and Cayleb Sharp; and Courtney, Marc, Sara, Miranda, and Helena Trevino

Occupation:  PACS Coordinator

Hobbies:  Sewing, quilting, crocheting, knitting, scrap booking and reading.

Areas of ministry at VBC:  Nursery, Glory Girls and Operation Christmas Child

Favorite Book in the Bible:  John