February 26, 2012

DAY 55, I Peter 4-5


Good morning, my name is Mike Cantrell and I was asked to give you a devotional thought from I Peter 4-5.

KEY VERSE:

5:5-7 – Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder.  Yea all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility:  for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.  Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

REFLECTIONS:

In chapter 4, Peter is encouraging believers to remember that if we suffer for the sake of our faith, God will be glorified and we will be blessed.  Later on in verses 5-7 of chapter 5, he tells us to be humble and to hand over our cares to God.  I know in my own little world I’ve had to learn to swallow my pride (and my tongue!) when my peers make fun of how I try to live and what I believe.  I need to remember that Peter and the other disciples faced real persecution and eventually death for their faith, so the minor abuse I receive pales in comparison!

APPLICATION: 

Let’s try to live in line with what we believe no matter what trials come our way and in spite of what the world may say!

Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ,

Mike Cantrell