February 15, 2012

DAY 44, II TIMOTHY 3-4


Good Morning! My name is Nancy Tanner and I was asked to give you a devotional thought from the book of II Timothy chapters 3 and 4.

KEY VERSES:

3:4 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.

REFLECTIONS: 

Paul points out in chapter 3 verse 4 that persecution for him was nothing out of the ordinary; it’s a promise for anyone that desires to live godly in Christ Jesus.  When we as Christians are persecuted we might suffer physical, social or verbal abuse as Luke 6:22 states, Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Paul was trying to point out to Timothy in chapter 4 verse 2 to preach the gospel when the fruit is evident and preach it when it seems invisible.

Paul thought of his ministry as a race in chapter 4 verse 7, and we the Christians as the athlete running the race (Phil. 3:12-14, Acts 20:24, I Cor. 9:24 and Hebrews 12:1).  Paul is ready to pass the torch on to Timothy to continue his ministry.  We as Christians pass on, but God's work continues.

APPLICATION:   As I read these verses I think, What is a little persecution compared to what Christ done for me on the Cross?  My prayer is that when I stand before my Lord and Savior that He can say to me, "Well done, my good and faithful servant".

Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ,

Nancy Tanner


NAME:  Nancy Tanner

SAVED:  May 9th, 1994

FAVORITE BIBLE CHARACTER:  Hannah

FAMILY:  Jeff- Husband; 3 dogs Jake, Abbey and Max

OCCUPATION:  Office Manager for an Orthopedic Company

FAVORITE BOOK IN BIBLE:  Ephesians

MINISTRY INVOLVEMENT AT VBC:  Anything I can do!