January 25, 2012

DAY 25, I CORINTHIANS 8-10


Good Morning! My name is Jason Butcher and I was asked to give you a devotional thought from the book of I Corinthians chapters 8-10.

KEY VERSES: I Cor. 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

I Cor. 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

REFLECTIONS: Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I have no problem giving all the glory to God when it comes to eating and drinking.  It's that middle phrase in the verse that most of us struggle with.  Giving God the glory in EVERY situation.   Just sitting here thinking about different people or problems we all deal with on a daily basis, makes me think..."How could my actions glorify God?"  It seems impossible.  And it is, through our power.  Thankfully, if we are Christians we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us and He knows how much we can handle.  The Lord puts us all through trials and temptations to try our faith.  It's in those situations where our true testimony shines through.  Will we become bitter?  Or will we give all the glory to God?  Remember, God will make a way to escape so that we can bear it.

APPLICATION: Ask the Holy Spirit to work in each situation, so that we can give God ALL the glory. After all, He sees the big picture and has total control.

Thank you for being a part of the 40-Day Challenge. Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ, Jason Butcher




SAVED: November, 1992
FAVORITE BOOK IN BIBLE: James
FAVORITE BIBLE CHARACTER: Paul
FAMILY: Wife Nikki, Children Madison, Haley, Cade
OCCUPATION: Lineman
HOBBIES: Watching the Bears lose
AREA OF MINISTRY AT CHURCH: Deacon, Children's Church