January 5, 2012

DAY 5, John 13-15

Good Morning! My name is Jason Butcher
and I was asked to give you a devotional thought from the book of John chapter 13-15.

KEY VERSES:

John 14:8-9 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

REFLECTIONS:

As I reflected on this passage I thought I had found a nice devotional about being a servant. But just when I was about to start writing, verse 8 jumped out at me. Philip is asking Jesus to show us the Father and we will be satisfied. Jesus goes on to tell him that if people see Jesus, they see the Father. The question that convicted me was, "Do people see Jesus in MY life?" Or would I have to try to talk them into it? Throughout Jesus' ministry he showed the love of his Father. When I am anywhere other than church, do people see the love of Jesus? Or would they be surprised if I told them I was a Christian? I've learned I can try to convince people all day about anything, but if my actions don't back it up, it's pointless.


APPLICATION:

Let's make it our goal this year to be able to say what Jesus said in verse 9. "He that hath seen me, hath seen the Father."

Thank you for being a part of the 40 Day Challenge. Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ, Jason Butcher



SAVED: November, 1992
FAVORITE BOOK IN BIBLE: James

FAVORITE BIBLE CHARACTER: Paul

FAMILY: Wife Nikki, Children Madison, Haley, Cade

OCCUPATION: Lineman

HOBBIES: Watching the Bears lose

AREA OF MINISTRY AT CHURCH: Deacon, Children's Church