January 27, 2012

DAY 27, I CORINTHIANS 14-16


Good Morning!  My name is Jim Gordon and I was asked to give you a devotional thought from the book of  I Corinthians 14-16.
KEY VERSES:   I Corinthians 15:10a “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain…”
REFLECTIONS:  I have come to the age that it is probably better that younger and sharper minds take over.  That is not to say I am done, for I am not.  I will continue to present Christ to the lost, and to invite people to Valley Baptist to worship the Lord with us.
I know in my mind that anything that has been done, God has done through me.  I am proud I have been able to teach God’s Word in Sunday school and training union and speak from the pulpit since I was about 20 years old.  I could not have done it if God had not done it through me.  I am first a sinner saved by grace, thanking God for Paul’s words in I Cor. 15: 51-52, “Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed; In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.”  I know without a shadow of a doubt, asleep or alive, I will hear His call for me to come home.
APPLICATION:    Let God use us now so that His gospel will reach more souls and bring more into His church.  Let us be what God would have us be so that others truly see God in us.

Thank you for being a part of the 40-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!
In Christ,

Jim Gordon
NAME: James E. Gordon   

SAVED:  Spring of 1948, Saturday morning about 11:30, Macedonia Baptist Church, Edith, TN

FAVORITE BIBLE CHARACTER:  Daniel
FAMILY:  Wife Jerry; 4 children – Kathy, Jimmy, Connie, Marla; 11 grandchildren; 7 great grandchildren

OCCUPATION:  Retired

HOBBIES:  Gardening, hunting

FAVORITE BOOKS IN BIBLE:  Genesis, Daniel, Revelation

MINISTRY INVOLVEMENT AT VBC:  What is asked of me