March 3, 2012

DAY 61, REVELATION 3-5

Good Morning! My name is Jim Gordon and I was asked to give you a devotional thought from the book of Revelation, chapters 3-5.

KEY VERSE:   Revelation 5:9
And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

REFLECTIONS:

The praise and worship of the singer is pure.  It is unlike that which goes by the name of worship in many Sunday morning church services.  In Heaven, all pretense and make-believe will be done away forever.   In that day we shall be perfect like Him whose praise we shall sing.  I have no idea what the language will be like.  But I know that the singing will be in unison in a language of Heaven that we all will understand.  One day I shall be in the company of a great multitude gathered out of every nation in the earth, and together we shall praise the Lamb who redeemed us by His blood.  The first expression of praise in heaven was on ground of creation. (Rev. 4:11); but this song celebrates the glorious work of redemption.  It is a worship service unprecedented in all history.  My wife and I have seen some great revivals in our time, but this will be the greatest!

APPLICATION:  

Those who read this are probably all saved.  But if not it is our hope that you might make your paths straight.  I hope that you would be saved now, and I sure would like for you to be there with me at that great revival in heaven.  It’s like the great song, What a Day That Will Be!
Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ,
Jim Gordon


NAME:  James E. Gordon
SAVED:  Spring Revival, 1948
FAVORITE BIBLE CHARACTERS:  Esther and Daniel
FAMILY:  Wife Jerry Sue; Children Kathy, Connie, Marla, Jim Jr.; 11 grandchildren, 9 great-grandchildren
OCCUPATION:  Retired
FAVORITE BOOK IN BIBLE:  Genesis, Daniel, Revelation
HOBBIES:  Gardening and hunting, fishing when I can
MINISTRY INVOLVEMENT AT VBC:  Whatever called on to do