March 14, 2012

DAY 72, MATTHEW 7-8

Good Morning! Our names our Sarah and Caleb Herrold and we were asked to give a devotional thought from Matthew chapters 7-8.

Key Verse: Matthew 7:12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Read Key Passage: Matthew 7:1-12

Reflection: Does your mom or dad ever want you to clean up?   Well, the other day I noticed the play room was very messy and I knew the only person that was home to get it messy was Carter.  By the looks of the play room I knew it would be a big job for him to do by himself.  I gathered Chloe and Caleb and Carter all together and asked if anybody would be willing to help Carter clean the playroom, but it was their own choice to help him or not (since they didn’t make the mess).  Right away Chloe spoke up and said, “I will help because if I was Carter I would want someone to help me.”  A moment later Caleb said the same thing.  So they all worked together and got it picked up.  I didn’t think of it then but Chloe and Caleb were acting out the Golden Rule. 

Many people call this passage of scripture the Golden Rule.  When you treat other people in the way you want to be treated you are following one of God’s commands!  Keep up the great work, and remember to consider others!

Application:

Caleb: One day I was playing tag with my friend Wesley.  Wesley was running and I think it rained and he slipped on the tiny rocks.  I was thinking, I would want someone to help me up if I fell so I decided to help him up. 

Sarah:  Just remember, kiddos – the next time you make a mistake and want someone to forgive you, the next time your brother/sister has gum and you would like a piece, or you have a really big mess you need to clean up – You would want someone to forgive you, or share their gum with you, or give you a helping hand.  REMEMBER:  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  This is what God’s Word tells us we need to do!!

Thanks for reading and you have a great day!     In Christ, Miss Sarah and Caleb








Review Questions:

·         Should we judge other people?

·         In verse 8, what must you do to receive things from God?

·         In verse 5, what did the hypocrite have in his eye?

·         What do a lot of people call Matthew 7:12?



CHILDHOOD FAVORITES

                                    Caleb                                                                Miss Sarah

Toy:                             Legos                                                  Strawberry Shortcake and friends

Color:                          Black                                                   Red

Cartoon:                      Duck Tales                                          Smurfs

Food:                           Pizza                                                    Monster cookie from mall

Game:                          Knockout                                            Foursquare

Favorite Teacher:        Mrs. Overmeyer                                  Mrs. Murrow