March 26, 2012

DAY 85, LUKE 8-9


Good Morning!  My name is Marilyn Simpson and I was asked to give you a devotional thought from Luke 8-9.

Key Verse:  Luke 9:3

Read Key Passage: Luke 9: 1-5

Reflection:

In this passage, Christ asks his twelve disciples to go and preach His Word to everyone and to heal the sick. They were to take nothing with them: no food, no extra clothes, no staff, no bags, and no money. They were to put their entire trust in Jesus to supply their needs.
As I read Luke 9:3, I reflected on my trust in God. I couldn’t imagine being one of the twelve disciples and traveling from city to city not knowing where my next meal was coming from and if I would have a place to sleep. I think of my new home and how blessed God has been to me. I’ve never had to worry about lack of food, lack of clothing, and lack of money. God has always provided for me. I’ve taken for granted the things I have. I only have them because God has provided them to me. This verse has really made me think how I need to give more credit to God for the things I have and do more for him, such as telling other’s about Christ.

When we read the Bible we should always apply the lessons that we learn, to our lives. Applying scripture is how God’s Word begins to change us!!

Application for Adults:  We need to be more like the disciples in this passage and learn to trust God wholeheartedly for everything. God will always provide for our needs.

Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ,

Marilyn Simpson


Name: Marilyn Simpson

Favorite Bible character: Ruth

Family:

Twin sister: Carolyn

Younger sister: Melanie

Younger brother: Jim

Father: Jim

Mother:  Donna

Occupation:  Financial Aid Advisor at Valparaiso University

Favorite book in the Bible: The Four Gospels

When you got saved:  Led to the Lord by my mother at the age of 8, but had some doubts in 2010 and reconfirmed with Pastor and Mrs. Smith

Part of Children’s Ministry you work in:  Fourth - Sixth Grade Class



CHILDHOOD FAVORITES

Toy:  Barbie

Color:  Blue

Cartoon:  David and the Gnomes

Food:  Chocolate

Game:  Monopoly

Teacher: Third Grade Teacher, Mrs. Turnwald