March 3, 2012

DAY 62, REVELATION 6-7

Good Morning! My name is Melanie Simpson and I was asked to give you a devotional thought from the book of Revelation, chapters 6 and 7. 
KEY VERSE:

7:12  Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
REFLECTIONS:

I was struck in chapter 6 how each of the four horsemen bid John to come and look.  It reminded me of how God wants us to pay attention in our lives to what He is doing.  We need to carefully see not only what he is doing in our lives, but in the lives of those around us.  God works greatly in the lives of his children and wants us to come and look.  If we were to take the time to meditate on what God is doing in our lives, we would act much like the angels described in 7:12.  The angels of the Lord see daily the workings of God, no matter how bleak a situation may seem.  Clearly, there is something for which to praise Him and we need to take notice.  When I take the time to look for God, I find myself shouting Hallelujah and Glory to God.

APPLICATION:
I am learning that when I take the time to “come and look,” I find reasons to shout praises to God. I hope that you too learn to see God in everything no matter how bleak your circumstances, because God is sending you help and providing joy.  Let’s seize the day and spend our time praising God as exemplified by the Angels of Revelation 7:12.  I know Pastor will find it a blessing if we start shouting “Amen!”

Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ, Melanie Simpson
NAME: Melanie Simpson

WHEN YOU GOT SAVED: 7 yrs old (Reassurance when I was 16)

FAVORITE BIBLE CHARACTER: Hannah

OCCUPATION: Math Teacher

HOBBIES: Knitting & Crocheting

FAVORITE BOOK IN BIBLE: Proverbs