March 28, 2012

DAY 87, Luke 12-13


Good Morning! Our names are Miss Quita and Jamie and we were asked to give you a devotional thought from the book of Luke chapters 12 and 13.

KEY VERSE: Luke 12:34 “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also”

KEY PASSAGE: Luke 12:16-34

REFLECTION:  Luke 12:16-21  A rich fool (not a wise farmer) stored up food for himself and did not rely on God to give him what he needed.  God said fool, you have kept the food for yourself.  This is an example of laying up treasures (things) for yourself instead of relying on God to provide your every need.

APPLICATION: A treasure is something people do not want to do without or something you value.  God wants us to rely on Him instead of things.

(Jamie)  I love to play games on my Wii and on my Ipod Touch but I do not love it more than God.  I read my Bible, help others, and go to teen group because I love to worship God and learn more about Him.

(Quita)  When I grew up my dad was not a Christian.  My dad’s friends were not Christians either.  He drove nice cars, made a lot of money, and his focus was on himself.  My Grandma’s pastor, Bro. Hunter, talked to my dad and showed him in the Bible how to accept, trust, and follow God’s Words.  My dad’s actions then spoke louder than his words.  His best friend Henry was a deacon; they spent many hours fishing and praising (thanking) God together.  He gave money to the church.  My dad’s friend was Jesus.  When he died there was no U-haul truck to move him to Heaven.  He had all his treasures, relied and focused on God.  I have always loved my dad and miss him, but now I will see him in Heaven one day.

REVIEW QUESTIONS:

1)       What would God say if we always played video games instead of reading His Word?

2)       Does God like you to share your treasures?

3)       Is having a home in heaven important to you?

4)       Will God supply ALL your needs?

Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!  

In Christ,

Miss Quita and Jamie
Name:  Quita Jones
Favorite Bible Character:  Paul
Family:  Husband Steve, son Josh/Anjale, daughter Jamie (13), and granddaughter Aubrey (1)
Occupation:  Hairstylist 
Favorite book in the Bible:  Psalms
When you got saved:  September 1991
What part of Children’s Ministry do you work in?  Where ever the Lord leads me

CHILDHOOD FAVORITES

Jamie                                                  Quita

Toy:                Ipod Touch                                        Barbies
Color:             Hot pink and lime green                    Green
Cartoon:         Tom & Jerry                                      Roadrunner
Food:              Fettuccini Alfredo                               Chicken
Game:             Dodge ball                                          Sorry
Teacher:          Mrs. Krieger and Mrs. Russell            Mrs. Sanders