March 18, 2012

DAY 76, MATTHEW 15 AND 16

Here is another children’s devotional with Biblical wisdom that applies to every age.
It is written by a mother-daughter team.

Good morning!  Our names are Jenny and Norah Cervik, and we have a devotional thought from Matthew chapters 15 and 16.

KEY VERSE:  Matthew 15:11

Read Key Passage: NOT that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, THIS defileth a man.

REFLECTION:

Are your words kind, loving and soft?  I'm sure that when you and your brother or sister are not getting along, they may be kinda like this... “Mom, she's in my room AGAIN!!!  I told her to GET OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!”   Boy, that sure doesn't sound loving and kind.  One thing that Jesus doesn't like is talking mean or down to others; it defiles (or ruins) you.  He wants us to love one another (I John 4:7).  If we aren't speaking the right way to someone, are we showing God’s love??  NOOOO!  We want to build each other up to glorify God.  We can do that with our words.  So, next time you want to be mad at someone and yell or say something mean when a mean word is spoken to you, say something nice, caring or soft.  You will shock the person AND get to GLORIFY JESUS!!!  What a blessing that is!  Just like the song goes, oh be careful little mouth what you say...
When we read the Bible we should always apply the lessons that we learn, to our lives.  Applying scripture is how God’s Word begins to change us!!

APPLICATION:  Change your words when your feelings are hurt or you are upset, and see how much better things will work out in the long run.

Norah:  Kind words make kind actions and thoughts.  Bad words make bad actions and thoughts.
Jenny:  As a parent, I need to be the example to my kids.  If I want them to be kind with their words, I have to be careful of how I speak to everyone all the time.  Little eyes are watching all the time AND ears are hearing.  They watch us more than we realize.  I know one thing Norah and I have been trying to do is when someone hurts us or upsets us, we think or say 3 nice things about that person instead of saying something hurtful back.  What a change it has made.

Review Questions:

1. When are some times that I have had unkind words?

2. Did those unkind words help the situation?

3. If I have said unkind words, who am I pleasing?
4. If I can change my words to be soft, kind and loving, will it help me later in life in all situations?

Thanks for reading and you have a great day!
In Christ, Miss Jenny and Norah
Name: Jen Cervik

Favorite Bible character: Noah

Family: Mike- husband Norah-6, Nate-3

Occupation: CSR

Favorite book in the Bible: Proverbs

When you got saved: around 5 and assurance at 12

What part of Children’s Ministry do you work in?  Teaching 2’s and 3's and children's choir


CHILDHOOD FAVORITES

NORAH                      JENNY

Toy:                 Nintendo DSi              Starbright

Color:              Purple                          Green

Cartoon:          Tom and Jerry             Muppet babies

Food:               Candy                         Pizza

Game:              Freeze tag                    Red Rover or red light green light

Teacher:           Mrs. Nadratwoski       Mrs. Sines