March 9, 2012

DAY 67, REVELATION 19 AND 20

KEY VERSE:  Revelation 20:15

REFLECTIONS:  The beginning of chapter 19 brought to mind a picture of a praise and worship service, but unlike any we have ever seen. The people are praising God that Babylon is destroyed.  Then, in verse 7, the Lord is getting ready to return to earth.  In verses 11-21, Christ comes with His saints to fight the Battle of Armageddon.  In chapter 20:1-10, Satan is bound and cast into the bottomless pit for a thousand years.  After the thousand years are over, Satan is released for a time and then cast into the Lake of Fire.

APPLICATION:  Verse 15 says, “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”  This verse has a motivating factor first of all to be sure we have accepted Christ and know that our name is written in the book of life.  Secondly, it should challenge us to share the gospel with our family and friends.

My cousin Connie was not raised in a Christian home.  The Lord burdened my heart, even as a child, to share my faith with her.  One evening (while visiting from another state) I did just that, and she accepted Christ.  I don’t know if she had the opportunity to attend church as a child, but after high school, she went to Christian college and met and married a fine Christian man.  For many years she served as a Dallas area director of Child Evangelism, and to this day is faithfully serving the Lord.  She told my father recently that she still goes back to that day when, as a little girl, she received Christ.  We never know how the Lord might use us if we will allow Him to.  Even though I haven’t taken every opportunity to witness as I should, I’m thankful that the Lord used me in my cousin’s life.

Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!
In Christ,

Carolyn Smith

Name:  Carolyn Smith

Family:  Husband – Denny, Children – Denny III and Melody; 5 grandchildren

Saved:  June 6, 1957

Favorite verse:  Lamentations 3:22-24

Favorite book in the Bible:  Psalms