March 18, 2012

DAY 77, MATTHEW 17-18


Good Morning!  This is Dan and Rylie Koepke, and we were asked to give you a devotional thought from Matthew 17-18.

Rylie's Key Verse:  Matthew 17:7 – And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.

Reflection:  When Rylie picked this verse, I immediately thought of when she was a little girl.  You see, when she was younger she would jump from the top of the staircase and expect that I would catch her.  She knew that her father would always be there for her and was not afraid to jump to me.  There were a few times I was not expecting her to jump but I still caught her.  My touch was a comfort to her as she was flying through the air, and she knew that I would never let her fall.

Application:  If we have Jesus in our heart we should never be afraid.  Even though things may not go the way we expect them to, Jesus is in control and He has a plan for everything.  No matter how far we fall, our Father in Heaven will catch us and we will be safe in His arms.
Rylie:  When I was little I thought that monsters, aliens, and robbers were going to take me away.  Now that I am saved I'm not afraid.  God is always with you no matter what, so never be afraid.

Review Questions:
1.      What are you afraid of?
2.      What should we do when we are afraid?
3.      Have you prayed to God about your fear?
4.      Have you told anyone about God taking your fear away?

Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ,

Dan and Rylie Koepke


Name: Dan Koepke
Favorite Bible character: Paul
Family:  Wife Crystal, Children - Regan 9, Rylie 8
Occupation: Christian Farmer
Favorite book in the Bible: Colossians
Saved: 15 years old
What part of Ministry do you work in? Security Team

CHILDHOOD FAVORITES
RYLIE                         DAN
Toy:                             Stuffed Animals            Matchbox Cars
Color:                          Purple                          Red
Cartoon:                      Tom & Jerry                Captain Caveman 
Food:                           Pizza                            Pizza
Game:                          Pet Vet                        Dummy Bridge
Teacher:                       Mrs. Eaton                  Mr. Thomas