March 30, 2012

DAY 89, LUKE 16-17

Good morning! My name is Dana Sorrels, and I was asked to give a devotional thought from Luke, chapters 16 and 17.

KEY VERSE:  Luke 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things:  but now he is comforted, and thou are tormented.

REFLECTION:  Have you ever seen something that someone else had and thought, "Wow!  If I had that I would be sooooo happy!"  Or maybe you have gotten jealous of something that someone else got for their birthday, or maybe they just got something you really, REALLY wanted?  I know I have!  When I start to feel this way I just think about how I have a gift worth more than the most expensive birthday gift!  I have Jesus in my heart!  When I go to heaven it doesn't matter if I have the fanciest house, fastest car, or diamond rings.  None of those things really matter.

APPLICATION:  Let's try to be thankful for what we have, and don't worry about what we don't have.  And most importantly, let's share this AWESOME gift with everyone we know.  That Jesus can wash away all of our sins, and take us to live with Him in heaven some day!  And the best thing is.....IT'S FREE!

Thank you for being a part of the 100-Day Challenge.  Thanks for reading, and you have a blessed day!

In Christ,

Dana


NAME: Dana Sorrels

FAVORITE BIBLE VERSE: ISAIAH 41:10- Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee: yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

FAVORITE BOOKS IN THE BIBLE: Ephesians and Philippians

HOBBIES: Reading

OCCUPATION: Mom, and babysitter for 3 kids.


Childhood favorites:

Toy:  Kitchen set

Cartoon:  The Jetsons

Food:  Watermelon

Game :  Hungry, Hungry Hippo

Teacher:  Mrs. Billings